..

Sports Betting News: Hearings Underway in Mass, Rotogrinders, PocketFive Acquired

Written by:
Aaron Goldstein
Published on:
May/28/2019

Hearings were underway Tuesday and Wednesday to determine if sports betting should be legalized in the state of Massachusetts.  The public will offer feedback on Wednesday. 


*6 weeks free trial - test drive - best in the biz
*Deposit with Bitcoin - They'll double it!
*Get your own domain, customized website, logo
*Switch in under an hour, earn mrore $$ for doing so
*Odds featured on DonBest.com
*Thousands of betting options daily + live in-play
*Easy and discreet payment options include gift cards
*Walmart gift cards also accepted
Start Earning Money From Your Sheet Here

The Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies will hear from the state’s casino operators, online fantasy sports companies, the state lottery, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, Major League Baseball, and the NBA.

"Its very complicated," said  Democratic State Senator Eric Lesser of Longmeadow, the co-chair of the committee.

"I think in Massachusetts we want to be deliberate, we want to be thorough and I think we want a product and a law that is fashioned that takes all these nuances into consideration."

So far, Rhode Island is the only state that has legalized sports wagering.  That state made an epic $40 million error in its industry forecasting. That miscalculation has resulted in a $40 million hole in the next year's budget.

Maine is currently considering legalization of sprots betting as well.

"And there are potentially enormous social consequences to the decisions that are made, so we are going to be deliberate and judicious about how we approach it," said Lesser.

States can now offer sports betting after the US Supreme Court overturned decades of prohibition last May.

More Sports Betting News

Sports Betting on the Rise, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Chair Says
Illinois Lawmakers Pushing Sports Betting Decision to Limit
Will sports betting become legal in Louisiana?

Rotogrinders has Been Acquired

Better Collective, a digital sportsbook developer, has acquired 60% of the shares in fantasy sports and handicapping media outlet Rotogrinders for USD 21 million, and in the period 2022-2024, it will buy the remaining 40%.

Rotogrinders is owned by Rical LLC, which is also the parent company of Sports Handle, USBets.com, PennBets and the popular poker venue PocketFives.com. 

In the period 2022-2024, Better Collective will acquire the remaining 40% of the shares of RotoGrinders at a valuation based upon an EBITDA multiple between 5x and 10x. The valuation will be determined by the future growth and profitability of RotoGrinders and Better Collective's other business in the United States.  Source: Yogonet

- Aaron Goldstein, Gambling911.com

Gambling News

Draftkings Loses $161M Amid Pandemic, LeoVegas Revenues Surge

Draftkings Loses $161M Amid Pandemic, LeoVegas Revenues Surge

Without sports, the bookmakers were bound to take quite a hit.  During the global pandemic, books had to resort to simulations, Belarus football and - by far the most popular of all sports - Russian table tennis.   None of this really helped it seems.

Trade Group Report: Gambling Economy Hit Hard by Coronavirus

Trade Group Report: Gambling Economy Hit Hard by Coronavirus

The coronavirus and efforts to fight it have hit U.S. casinos and legal gambling businesses hard, leading to a nearly 79% drop in commercial gambling revenue for the second quarter of 2020, the industry’s trade association reported Thursday.

Neptune Man Arrested in Mugging of Keyport Man Returning From Monmouth Park

Suspect Arrested in Mugging of Keyport Man Returning From Monmouth Park

Authorities have made an arrest over a year after a Keyport, New Jersey man was robbed returning home from winning a significant amount of money at Monmouth Park.

Top 5 COVID-19 Related Gambling Trends You Can Expect to Take Shape Revealed!

Top 5 COVID-19 Related Gambling Trends You Can Expect to Take Shape Revealed!

Across the globe, various businesses and sectors are struggling to adapt to the new norm of COVID-19. The gambling sector is not spared either, with activities being crippled in several ways. The operators of the agencies can testify the industry is hit hard. Does a question arise about what you can expect from the betting sector from agencies and punters themselves? Here are some of the top trends you can expect to see during post lockdown related to gambling activities.  

Two Charged in $4 Mil Casino Theft, Macau Reopens

Two Charged in $4 Mil Casino Theft, Macau Reopens

Two people have been charged in an alleged Livermore gambling scheme involving a theft of about $4 million, state prosecutors said Monday.

Syndicate