..

Top Ten College Football Betting Schools – 6. Alabama

Written by:
Guest
Published on:
Aug/28/2016

Alabama fans are among the most crazed in the nation and have every right to be as the perennial favorites each year – including this one – to walk away with a championship title.  Start The Countdown Here

A Tide fan was once accused of poisoning the trees outside of rival Auburn. 

Fan Harvey Updyke still owed $796,731.98 to Auburn for killing the historic oak trees at Toomer's Corner back in 2010.

The Alabama fan base is a fractious mix of two distinct groups who can't really stand each other, according to Clay Travis of Outkick the Coverage in a rather mean-spirited analysis.

At the top of the list is the 10-15% of the fan base that could actually be admitted to Alabama or attended the school.  This group hates most of the rest of the Alabama fan base with a passionate fury.  The other 85% of Bama fans are incapable of coherent thought and have a deep-seated insecurity about all things in life. Alabama football comprises, and this is not an exaggeration, 99% of their self esteem.

He said it, not us.  We here at Gambling911.com feel Bama fans are some of the smartest in the nation.  We do agree they are among the most fervent.

Alabama bookies actually fared well last season (assuming they were utilizing a Pay Per Head to keep their overhead down) with the school finishing one game above the .500 mark Against The Spread but the UNDER (favoring the books) managed to go 9-6.  

CONTINUE TO NUMBER 5

 

Football News News

Oregon vs. UGA Week 1 Game Spread

Oregon vs. UGA Week 1 Game Spread

These teams haven't met since 1977 but the SEC has won seven of its past 10 meetings against the Pac-12, though five of those SEC wins were decided by eight points or less.  The payout would be around $600 for every $100 bet on the moneyline should the Ducks beat the Bulldogs

North Texas vs. UTEP Week 1 Game Spread

North Texas vs. UTEP Week 1 Game Spread

UNT is -1 against UTEP for this Week 1 game.  The Sagarin Rating for North Texas (113) was 59.71 and UTEP (126) was at 57.52.  These were the closing ratings for 2021 so adjustments will need to be made.  This gives us a line of a PICK'EM after adjusting for the home field advantage.

Charlotte vs. FAU Week 1 Game Spread

Charlotte vs. FAU Week 1 Game Spread

The Owls have won five of the last seven meetings versus the 49ers.  Should Charlotte manage to win outright, the payout was coming in at $235 for every $100 on the moneyline.

Wyoming vs. Illinois Week 1 Game Spread

Wyoming vs. Illinois Week 1 Game Spread

The Mountain West has only won 8 out of 59 games against the Big 10 conference while Wyoming has gone 0-5.  Should Wyoming win against Illinois, the payout would be $360 on a $100 bet at some books.

What Are the Regular Season Wins Total Odds for the Bowling Green Falcons - 2022?

What Are the Regular Season Wins Total Odds for the Bowling Green Falcons - 2022?

Bowling Green won just four regular season games last season, but were mostly profitable for sports bettors.  They covered the spread in eight of twelve games.

Syndicate