..

Juventus vs. Atalanta Preview

Written by:
C Costigan
Published on:
Jul/10/2020

The Serie A continues this weekend! The games will be played behind closed doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic and we will have a very entertaining contest on Saturday when Juventus hosts Atalanta.

Juventus lost 4-2 on the road against AC Milan last Tuesday while Atalanta beat Sampdoria 2-0 at home on Wednesday. Juventus is in first place in the Serie A standings with 75 points in 31 games while Atalanta is third with 66 points in 31 games. An Atalanta victory would make the race for the title interesting.

Let's take a closer look at where the value is in this matchup.

Betting Odds by Realbookies.com
 
Team to Win (Regular Time)

Juventus: -101
Atalanta: +245
Draw: +235

Spread

Juventus: -0.5 (-101)
Atalanta: +0.5 (-119)

Total

Over 3 (-105)
Under 3 (-115)

Key Points to Consider

Last 6:

Juventus, coming off a 4-2 road loss against AC Milan, have four wins, one draw and one loss in their last six overall. Atalanta, coming off a 2-0 home win against Sampdoria, have six wins, zero draws and zero losses in their last six overall.

Momentum: Atalanta has been on an upward trend -- winning their last six games in the Serie A.

Head-to-Head: These two teams last met up in Serie A action on November 23, 2019 and Juventus won 3-1.

Projected Leaders

Simulations I have run with our leading soccer pick site Gameadvisers project Cristiano Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuaín, Duván Zapata, Miralem Pjanić and Alejandro Darío Gómez as the players most likely to score (three of these five players are from Juventus).

There is a 20.0 percent chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw, Juventus, at 67.7 percent, are heavy favorites to beat Atalanta, who have just a 12.3 percent chance to win on the road.

The leading scorer for Juventus is Cristiano Ronaldo with a 70 percent chance of scoring one or more goals. When he has at least one goal, Juventus has an 80 percent chance to win.

Atalanta has been on fire, playing incredible soccer and beating every opponent but visiting Juventus, coming off a loss is not easy. Juventus does have the better team and the need to bounce back. Look for Juventus to come out on top in a close game.

Soccer Pick: Juventus -101

Football News News

Basel v Eintracht Frankfurt Tips, Betting Odds Europa League 6 August

Basel v Eintracht Frankfurt Tips, Betting Odds Europa League 6 August

Over 2.5 goals have been scored in Eintracht Frankfurt's last 7 matches in Europa League.

Bayer Leverkusen v Rangers Tips, Betting Odds Europa League 6 August

Bayer Leverkusen v Rangers Tips, Betting Odds Europa League 6 August

The Europa League is back!  Wolves (4/6) v Olympiakos (4/1) Draw (12/5) betting markets

Pack, Hawks, Bucs and Ravens Favorites for Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown could make his way back to the NFL, and oddsmakers are projecting which team might sign him next. 

Manchester United vs Lask Linz Tips, Betting Odds Europa League 5 August

Manchester United vs Lask Linz Tips, Betting Odds Europa League 5 August

The Europa League is back!  Manchester United (1/4) - LASK Linz (11/1) Draw (5/1) betting markets, odds and tips are can be found here.

 FC København - Istanbul Basaksehir Tips, Europa League Betting Odds 5 August

FC København - Istanbul Basaksehir Tips, Europa League Betting Odds 5 August

Of their last 10 matches in Europa League, FC København have seen 9 low-scoring with under 2.5 goals.

Syndicate