..

Aston Villa vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers Preview

Written by:
C Costigan
Published on:
Jun/27/2020

The Premier League will continue this weekend! The games will be played behind closed doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic and we will have an intriguing contest on Saturday, when Aston Villa hosts Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Aston Villa visited Newcastle United and got a 1-1 draw last Wednesday while Wolverhampton Wanderers beat Bournemouth 1-0 at hom, also on Wednesday.

Aston Villa desperately needs a win, as they’re in 19th place with 27 points in 31 games, fighting to avoid relegation. Wolverhampton Wanderers, on the other hand, is sixth in the standings with 49 points in 31 games, looking to earn a spot in the UEFA Europa League next season.

Let's take a closer look at where the value is in this matchup.


Betting Odds By A1pph.com Pay Per Head
 
Team to Win (Regular Time)

Aston Villa: +392
Wolverhampton Wanderers: -126
Draw: +271

Spread

Aston Villa: +¾  (-114)
Wolverhampton Wanderers: -¾  (+105)

Total

Over 2.5 (+109)
Under 2.5 (-120)

Key Points to Consider

Last 6:

Aston Villa, coming off a 1-1 road draw against Newcastle United, have four losses, two draws and zero wins in their last six overall. Wolverhampton Wanderers, coming off a 1-0 home win against Bournemouth, have three wins, two draws and one loss in their last six overall.

Momentum: Aston Villa has been on a downward trend -- losing four of their last six games in the Premier League.

Head-to-Head: These two teams last met in Premier League action on November 10, 2019 and Wolverhampton Wanderers won 2-1.

Projected Leaders

Simulations I have run project Raúl Jiménez, Diogo Jota, Jack Grealish, John McGinn and Conor Hourihane as the players most likely to score (three of these five players are from Aston Villa).

There is a 27.1 percent chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw, Wolverhampton Wanderers, at 44.4 percent, are heavy favorites to beat Aston Villa, who have just a 28.5 percent chance to win at home.

The leading scorer for Wolverhampton Wanderers is Raúl Jiménez with a 41 percent chance of getting one or more goals. When he has at least one goal, Wolverhampton Wanderers has a 65 percent chance to win.

Wolverhampton Wanderers is an extremely talented team that has been on fire as of late. Aston Villa will be at home but an empty Villa Park negates any potential home field advantage.

Aston Villa can still avoid relegation but Wolverhampton Wanderers is just on a different level right now and there's a reason why they're the surprise team in the Premier League this season.

Soccer Pick By Gameadvisers: Wolverhampton Wanderers -126

More Pay Per Head tips:
Buffer Zone Establishment for Your Clients
Enduring Qualities of Bookies and Pay Per Heads
Vast Online Casino Options For the Crowd Adverse
Why choose A1PPH
Reliability in Our Pay Per Head Services

Football News News

Sampdoria v Spal, Udinese v Genoa, Napoli v Roma Tips, Betting Odds - Sunday 5 July

Sampdoria v Spal, Udinese v Genoa, Napoli v Roma Tips, Betting Odds - Sunday 5 July

Sampdoria v Spal, Udinese v Genoa, Napoli v Roma betting markets are listed here

Burnley v Sheffield Utd, Newcastle v West Ham, Liverpool v Aston Villa Tips, Betting Odds - Sunday 5 July

Burnley v Sheffield Utd, Newcastle v West Ham, Liverpool v Aston Villa Tips, Betting Odds - Sunday 5 July

Of their 16 most recent all competitions games, Aston Villa have seen 12 in which both teams scored

Brescia v Verona,  Cagliari v Atalanta, Parma v Fiorentina Tips, Betting Odds - Sunday 5 July

Brescia v Verona, Cagliari v Atalanta, Parma v Fiorentina Tips, Betting Odds - Sunday 5 July

Of their 7 most recent Serie A games, Fiorentina have seen 6 in which both teams scored

Norwich City vs. Brighton and Hove Albion

Norwich City vs. Brighton and Hove Albion Result

The Premier League continues this weekend! The games will be played behind closed doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic and we had an interesting contest on Saturday with Norwich City hosting Brighton and Hove Albion.  This was the first of the Premier League matches to be played Saturday.

NFL Betting Totals Betting Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

NFL Betting Totals Betting Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

In a season that was largely spent without QB Ben Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers ended up missing the playoffs with an 8-8 record. However, they remained competitive to the very end thanks to a strong defense that returns most of its group this season. Now with Roethlisberger seemingly healthy, the Steelers aim to return to the playoffs for the first time since 2017.

Syndicate