..

Miami Ohio vs. Michigan Week 2 College Football Betting Odds

Written by:
Don Shapiro
Published on:
Sep/06/2008
Michigan Wolverines

At some online sports books Saturday morning, Michigan was the most bet on team. Georgia Tech led the way across the board, however, closely followed by West Virginia. Texas Tech also enjoyed plenty of action.

As for Miami Ohio vs. Michigan, we were looking at the Wolverines Week 2 College Football betting odds set at -14 ½. This line has not moved and around 85 percent of action was going Michigan's way, indicating a strong position by odds makers at places like Sports Interaction that Miami Ohio should be able to cover this line. Some books had brought this one down to -14 just prior to game time, looking to get as much money on Michigan as they can. Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, incidentally, opened this matchup at Michigan -15.

70 percent of the action on the money line was going Michigan to win outright with odds that required a $720 bet to win $100 (no cover necessary). The payout potential for a Miami Ohio outright win would be $520 for every $100 bet, and we had 30 percent of the action on Miami Ohio.

The OVER 41 total points scored was getting more than 90 percent of the action heading into this noon showdown game and we‘ve seen a few totals recently fall on the number or within a half point. Amazing stuff! The odds makers have been dead on so far with a few of these totals.

Another interesting point to make about the total is that the Over is 12-5 in Miami Ohio's last 17 games during the month of September.

Quarterback Steven Threet was slated to start today against Miami Ohio.

Threet, a redshirt freshman, relieved Nick Sheridan for the second series of the second half against Utah last week. Though he completed fewer passes than Sheridan, his play gave Michigan a spark.

"I thought they practiced really well," Rodriguez said. "Really, they're still very close. Steve was a little more productive last week, but I still have confidence in both of them, and both of them will probably play."

Sports News

Can I Bet Sports on FOX Bet Online From Alabama

Can I Bet Sports on FOX Bet Online From Alabama

While you may see advertisements and news stories about FOX Bet (the soon-to-launch betting app from Fox Sports and the Stars Group), betting on this app or website is prohibited from the state of Alabama.

Is Bovada Legal From Utah

Is Bovada Legal From Utah

While Bovada may be legal to bet with from the great state of Utah, there are indeed much better options, including BetUS, which offers a generous welcome bonus (max bonus $2500).

Is MyBookie Legal in Alabama

Though MyBookie.ag is not licensed in the state of Alabama, there is nothing that makes placing a bet here explicitly illegal. 

Can I Bet Sports Online If I Live In Florida?

Can I Bet Sports Online If I Live In Florida?

Floridians can bet sports online via their mobile devices or laptop computers using BetOnline.

Is DraftKings Legal in North Carolina?

Is DraftKings Legal in North Carolina?

DraftKings is not available in the Tar Heel State.  The only betting company regulated and licensed in North Carolina is William Hill, however, they do not operate a mobile website.

Syndicate