..

Lock Poker Disqualifies Jose Girah Macedo from Bluff Pro Challenge for Multi Accounting

Written by:
Guest
Published on:
May/04/2011
Jose Girah Macedo

Lock is disappointed to announce that their new LockPRO ELITE team member, Jose "Girah" Macedo has been disqualified. Runner up Michael "bigguylegend22" Drummond, who earned over $90,000 in profit during the challenge, will take the prize. In audits of all participants' accounts at the close of the competition, violations of BPC rules as well as the Merge Gaming network rules were discovered.  The violations with Girah's account included computers at multiple locations logging in and playing on his account. Lock's philosophy is built on player relationship and trust; any violation of fairness by any player is taken very seriously.

"Jose is young and he has made a big mistake here. We wanted to make sure that regardless of being a LockPRO he won this fair and square. After doing an audit of his account we have found that he broke some rules and that will not be tolerated by Lock," said Jennifer Larson CEO/Owner of Lock Poker. "We pride ourselves in standing for trust, legitimacy and loyalty. The truth is sometimes hard to stand by but it is the only way we can move forward. Although José won enough money from his own IP to have legitimately won the challenge, the unfortunate fact remains that breaking the rules is strictly disallowed. The fact remains Jose is an exceptional player and I firmly believe that mistakes only lead to greatness if learned from."

"I'm deeply sorry for having broken the rules," said José, "but I truly had no intention of circumventing the rules in any way. Though it is no excuse, I want to be fully transparent at this point to let the poker world know what has happened and why. The computer in question was my backer, who logged into my account to check my balance and ended up playing some $25/$50 PLO while I was asleep and lost some money. Though on the merit of my own legitimate play I had enough winnings to win the Bluff Challenge, in light of the way things appear, I fully support and respect Lock's decision to disqualify me and hand over the challenge to the second place winner. Once again, I truly regret that all of this has happened the way it has, and I hope that I can win back the generous support and understanding of the players who have believed in me so far. I will be issuing a more comprehensive explanation of what happened on my blog. Thank you."

Learn more about Lock Poker here

 

Follow breaking headlines around the clock at Gambling911.com Twitter Here

Poker News

Suspect Arrested in Poker Pro Susie Q Murder Case

Suspect Arrested in Poker Pro Susie Q Murder Case

A 60-year-old Michigan man has been arrested in connection to the death of professional poker player Susie "Susie Q" Zhao, authorities said.

Kid Poker, Doug Polk Agree to Settle Long Running Fued....With Game of Poker

Kid Poker, Doug Polk Agree to Settle Long Running Fued....With Game of Poker

Poker pro Daniel Negreanu has accepted a challenge to play fellow pro and Youtuber Doug Polk following a long-running feud between the two men.

Michigan Authorities Exploring Poker Ties in Brutal Murder of Susie Zhao

Michigan Authorities Exploring Poker Ties in Brutal Murder of Susie Zhao

“We’re looking at every avenue — whether it was part of her hitchhiking — she used to hitchhike quite a bit. She got rides with people she didn’t know frequently,” a police spokesperson said.

FBI Investigating Poker Pro Murder, Body Set on Fire

FBI Investigating Poker Pro Murder, Body Set on Fire

The charred body of Zhao, 33, was found in a Michigan recreation area about an hour away from Detroit July 13 with the tragic news only going public in recent days.

Pro Poker Player Set on Fire

Police asked the public for help in a grisly killing of a female pro poker player in Michigan.

Syndicate