Bet Kills Chef: Dish was Too Hot Say Authorities

Written by:
Guest
Published on:
Sep/29/2008

An amateur chef died the day after eating a "superhot" chilli in a bet with his friend over who could make the hottest dish, according to a report in the London Telegraph.

Andrew Lee, 33, suffered heart failure the morning after he ate the chilli.

Toxicology tests are now being carried out to see if the fork lift truck driver suffered a fatal reaction to the dish or whether anything else contributed to his death.

Mr Lee, of Edlington, Doncaster was apparently in perfect health and had just passed a medical at work, the opening of the Doncaster hearing was told.

Cooking was one of his main interests and he went to his girlfriend Samantha Bailey's house to make a chilli.

His father John Lee told the inquest: "He had a bet with Samantha's brother who could make the hottest chilli then went back to her house to stay."

Gambling News

The Legal Status of Crypto Gambling Sites Around the World

The Legal Status of Crypto Gambling Sites Around the World

Many gamers and casino operators are in the dark, trying to understand the legal uncertainties surrounding the global cryptocurrency gambling sector. Moreover, the lack of a standardized regulatory framework results in challenges that hinder the optimal performance of crypto betting platforms.

Can I Bet on BetUS From South Carolina?

You can bet online with BetUS from the great state of South Carolina provided you are 18 years of age or older.  BetUS is now celebrating 30 great years in business.

Syndicate