..

Bet Kills Chef: Dish was Too Hot Say Authorities

Written by:
Guest
Published on:
Sep/29/2008

An amateur chef died the day after eating a "superhot" chilli in a bet with his friend over who could make the hottest dish, according to a report in the London Telegraph.

Andrew Lee, 33, suffered heart failure the morning after he ate the chilli.

Toxicology tests are now being carried out to see if the fork lift truck driver suffered a fatal reaction to the dish or whether anything else contributed to his death.

Mr Lee, of Edlington, Doncaster was apparently in perfect health and had just passed a medical at work, the opening of the Doncaster hearing was told.

Cooking was one of his main interests and he went to his girlfriend Samantha Bailey's house to make a chilli.

His father John Lee told the inquest: "He had a bet with Samantha's brother who could make the hottest chilli then went back to her house to stay."

Gambling News

5Dimes to Shut Down Before Super Bowl?

The widow of 5Dimes founder Sean Creighton has absolutely "had it" with the "incompetence", we are told and is on the "verge of a nervous breakdown". 

FanDuel Caught Violating Own Policy

FanDuel Caught Violating Own Policy

FanDuel sportsbook violated its own official sports betting rules last week when it voided proposition bets on an NBA player who played minimally in a game, but did not do so for another player in a similar situation.

Syndicate