..

Super Bowl 2011 Odds – Updated January 29

Written by:
Don Shapiro
Published on:
Jan/29/2011
Super Bowl 2011 Odds

Around 60 percent of the online sportsbooks featured this -2.5 line while the other 40 percent offered a line of -3.  At press time Saturday morning, Green Bay was getting close to 60 percent of the spread action, the most they have received since the line opened a week ago.

The total on this game was set at 44, with 70 percent of the betting action on the OVER.

Money line bettors overwhelmingly believed that the Pittsburgh Steelers could win outright.  Nearly 75 percent were backing the Steelers with a payout potential of $12 for every $10 bet. (note: at press time, SBG Global money line would pay out $11 for every $10 bet, but this number changes based on when wager is placed).

Other Super Bowl 2011 odds have been published (appearing below the ad)

Odds to win 2011 Super Bowl MVP had Aaron Rodgers at +150, which would pay $150 for every $100 bet.  Others included Ben Roethlisberger paying $350, Rashard Mendenhall paying $650, Troy Polamalu paying $1200 and Greg Jennings paying $1000. 

Who will score the first touchdown of the game?  Greg Jennings would pay out $600 for every $100 bet as the favorite while Mike Wallace would pay out $650.  These odds were also broken down by team where Jennings would now pay $250 for every $100 bet for Green Bay while Wallace would pay out $500 for the Steelers, as would a few other players for Pittsburgh including Donald Driver and Hines Ward. 

Player to record the first pass interception had Troy Polamalu paying $500.

There were also odds on which player would have the last score of the game.

Odds on what will happen first for each quarterback and what they will do first in terms of throwing a pass, incomplete and interception were also being offered.  One could also bet the first score of the game in terms of whether it will be a field goal, touchdown or safety.  There were also totals on the number of touchdowns and fumbles.

- Don Shapiro, Gambling911.com

Football News News

What is the Spread on the New Orleans Saints vs. New England Patriots Week 3 Game

What is the Spread on the New Orleans Saints vs. New England Patriots Week 3 Game

It's hard to believe but the New Orleans Saints were the top rated team ahead of Week 2 following their dominating performance against Green Bay. 

What is the Spread on the Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns Week 3 Game

What is the Spread on the Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns Week 3 Game

The team ratings for the Bears and Browns should not change much.  Both teams won in Week 2 following opening week losses.  Bet this one at BetAdrian, which offers a NO DEPOSIT welcome bonus of $20/€20.

What is the Spread on the Washington Football Team vs. Buffalo Bills Week 3 Game

What is the Spread on the Washington Football Team vs. Buffalo Bills Week 3 Game

Gambling911.com had The Washington Football Team -2 ahead of Sunday's game between the Bills and Dolphins.  With Buffalo blowing out Miami, we should see this line adjusted to around EVEN.  The oddsmakers we expect to have the Bills favored between -1 and -3. 

Early Line on Carolina Panthers vs. Houston Texans Week 3 Game

Early Line on Carolina Panthers vs. Houston Texans Week 3 Game

Gambling911.com has the early line on the Panthers-Texans game at Houston -1.5, however, with Carolina winning Sunday and Texans quarterback Tyrod Taylor injuring his hamstring against Cleveland, Carolina was expected to be the favorite.  The Panthers team rating will also improve and impact the posted line.

What is the Spread on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. UVA Week 4 Game

What is the Spread on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. UVA Week 4 Game

Gambling911.com has the line on the Wake Forest vs. Virginia game at Cavaliers -3.

Syndicate