..

Rivalry Secures $22m Infusion Ahead of Direct Listing

Written by:
Alistair Prescott
Published on:
Jun/30/2021

Toronto-based esports betting operator and media company Rivalry has successfully raised $22m (~£15.9m) in funding led by Eight Capital and Cormark Securities.

warrensapp.png

In total, the company has raised $44m (~£31.8m) in the last 12 months.

The latest round values the company at $150 Million, according to Forbes.

It intends to go public on the Toronto Stock Exchange by October.

The operator is said to generate 85 percent of its traffic and revenue through esports – namely League of Legends, Counter-Strike, and Dota 2  – while the remaining 15 percent comes from sports betting, which Rivalry introduced last year, according to eSports Insider.

- Alistair Prescott, Gambling911.com

Gambling News

Big Shifts in Odds to Win Super Bowl 57 After Week 3

Big Shifts in Odds to Win Super Bowl 57 After Week 3

Week 3 in the NFL is on the books and Dave Mason is here to run down who won big for the house and who won big for John Q. Additionally there has been some major odds changes in the Super Bowl odds. Dave runs them down for you.

WaPo: Not All Shareholders, Execs Have Stomach to Endure Years of Losses From Sportsbooks

Caesars Sportsbook has already cancelled a quarter-billion dollars in preplanned marketing campaigns while other sites may be subject to costly lawsuits.

Sac Bee Calls California Sports Betting Prop Claims of Helping the Homeless "Dodgy"

Sac Bee Calls California Sports Betting Prop Claims of Helping the Homeless "Dodgy"

Sports betting firms and state tribes are spending millions to push two separate sports betting amendments in California, but Ari Plachta of the Sacramento Bee says these advertisements have "ranged from confusing to misleading".

Entain Voted Most Socially Responsible Gambling Company

Entain Voted Most Socially Responsible Gambling Company....After Receiving Record Fine

Try not to laugh.  The £17M fine last month was specifically for "failure to adhere to social responsibility and anti-money laundering (AML) safeguards."

How Much Will Spanky Odds Cost?  Free Until the 2023 Super Bowl

How Much Will Spanky Odds Cost? Free Until the 2023 Super Bowl

"I don’t know when (sometime after the SuperBowl) and how much I’m gonna charge. All I’m focused on is getting better and ultimately becoming the best."

Syndicate