..

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton Preview Betting Preview

Written by:
C Costigan
Published on:
Jul/05/2020

The Premier League continues next week! The games will be played behind closed doors because of the COVID-19 pandemic and we will have a very interesting contest on Monday, when Tottenham Hotspur hosts Everton.

Tottenham Hotspur lost 3-1 on the road against Sheffield United on Thursday while Everton is coming off a 2-1 home win against Leicester City last Wednesday. Tottenham Hotspur is in ninth place in Premier League standings with 45 points in 32 games while Everton is 11th with 44 points in 32 games, making this game even more important.

Let's take a closer look at where the value is at in this matchup.

Betting Odds By Scoresandstats

Team to Win (Regular Time)

Tottenham Hotspur: +119
Everton: +251
Draw: +248

Spread

Tottenham Hotspur: -¼ (-112)
Everton: +¼ (+104)

Total

Over 2.5 (-102)
Under 2.5 (-106)

Key Points to Consider

Last 6:

Tottenham Hotspur, coming off a 3-1 road loss against Sheffield United, have three draws, two losses and one win in their last six overall. Everton, coming off a 2-1 home win against Leicester City, have two wins, two draws and two losses in their last six overall.

Momentum: Everton has been on an upward trend -- winning two of their last three games in the Premier League.

Head-to-Head: These two teams last met in Premier League action on November 3, 2019 and the game ended on a 1-1 draw.

Projected Leaders

Simulations I have run project Harry Kane, Heung-Min Son, Dele Alli, Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin as the players most likely to score (the first three players are from Tottenham Hotspur).

There is a 23.4 percent chance of a draw. Gamadvisers simulations where the game is not a draw, Tottenham Hotspur, at 60.1 percent, are heavy favorites to beat Everton, who have a 16.5 percent chance to win on the road.

The leading scorer for Tottenham Hotspur is Harry Kane with a 49 percent chance of scoring one or more goals. When he has at least one goal, Tottenham Hotspur has a 76 percent chance to win on the road.

Everton is playing much better but Tottenham Hotspur has a smart coach in Jose Mourinho and very talented players in the final third of the field. I like Tottenham Hotspur to bounce back at home at a plus price.

Soccer Pick By A1pph: Tottenham Hotspur +119

Football News News

RB Leipzig vs. Atletico Madrid Tips, Betting Odds Champions League 13 August

RB Leipzig vs. Atletico Madrid Tips, Betting Odds Champions League 13 August

Champions League betting is available with RB Leipzig (5/2) v Atletico Madrid  (5/4) Draw (2/1). Betting markets, odds and tips are can be found here

FanDuel "Act of God" Clause Could Cancel College Football Futures

FanDuel "Act of God" Clause Could Cancel College Football Futures

Many sportsbooks have stopped taking bets on college football in light of the Big 10 and PAC 12 cancelling their fall seasons.

With the Big 10 and PAC 12 officially cancelling their college football slate this fall, one has to wonder how this will impact the sportsbooks bottom line.  Of course, attempts to play in the spring would likely more than make up for any losses down the road.

The Impact on Sportsbooks With Big 10, PAC 12 Cancelling Fall Season

With the Big 10 and PAC 12 officially cancelling their college football slate this fall, one has to wonder how this will impact the sportsbooks bottom line.  Of course, attempts to play in the spring would likely more than make up for any losses down the road.

Will There Be College Football This Fall?  Live Coverage

Will There Be College Football This Fall? Live Coverage

The Big 10 Presidents were set to meet at 10:30 am ET to discuss whether they will have fall football.  Should they decide not to, the Pac-12 is likely to follow.  Among the remaining three Power 5 teams, the Big 12 has stayed quiet while both the SEC and AAC are leaning more towards playing.  Throwing a monkey wrench into the situation, some Big 10 teams like Nebraska have said they are willing to play elsewhere should the conference cancel. 

Atalanta vs. Paris Saint-Germain

Atalanta vs. Paris Saint-Germain Tips, Betting Odds Champions League 12 August

Champions League betting is available with Atalanta (5/2) v PSG (1) Draw (3/1). Betting markets, odds and tips are here.

Syndicate